Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Mountain Madness Run & the start of ChaLEAN

WOW!  Is the weekend already over and it's already Tuesday?  Where did time go??  This weekend was a really fun and it started Saturday with the Mountain Madness Run that took place in Sandy.  Like I mentioned before, Dani was meeting me early at my house and we were going to do a warm up run down the where the race started.  It was 2.3 miles and we took it nice and easy and had a really nice conversation.   It was so nice to have her on my run with me and made me wish more than ever we could run together more!  Having someone to run with really makes the run a lot more enjoyable and the time flies by!
We met Jenni at the race and hung out for a bit and got some pre-race photos!

I was really excited about this route because it was a route I commonly run, at least once a week!!  I wasn't planning on setting a PR or anything, I just really wanted to enjoy the run.  

One downfall of the run was being stopped at crosswalks and having to wait for signals, although I usually don't mind being forced to take a break and catch my breath!  But it does count against your time, which can be a bummer.  At the last crosswalk a group of us came to while we were waiting one runner said to me he had been trying to pass me for the first 5 miles and I kept getting away from him, and now he finally passed me just for me to catch him at the light!  That made me laugh, and felt pretty good too :))

After the light turned we had about 3 blocks to the finish and we all took off sprinting!  I'm not much of a sprinter, but with the rest I had just gotten and knowing how close I was to the finish I gave it my all and it was fun and felt awesome!

My finishing time was 56:22.  I was really happy with the race and my time overall.  I am looking forward to running it again next year!

On another note, ChaLEAN arrived Saturday and I started it Monday!!  I've taken all my before pics and measurements and did the first Burn Circuit.  I need to get some weights, probably 5lb, 8lb and 10lbs to start.  Right now I am just using the resistant tube it came with and it some of the moves don't feel as hard as I think it should.  So I plan on getting some weights this weekend.  But I like the work out and my plan is to do it Monday-Friday and keeping up with my marathon training running 25-30 miles a week!  I am really looking forward to making some real progress in my journey of getting fit!

I hope you all had a good weekend and this week is starting out with some good runs and workouts!!

What are your summer plans for getting/staying fit?
I will be doing ChaLEAN 5 days a week and running 4-5 days a week 25-30miles!!  Makes me tired just thinking about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment