Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Another Boring Run

Good morning!  It's been a great start to the week so far and I've already gotten two 6 mile runs in! Monday I met up with Lisa for our Monday run and we decided to meet at the Cazadero State Trail in Boring that I had ran the week before with Maverick.  This time we ran the whole trail and it gave us 6 miles.  I try to match Lisa's pace, but I think she tries to match my pace, so we ran it pretty quick with 9'23" average miles.  She always surprises me that she has that speed being fairly new to running.  And she'll only get faster, and probably be faster than me before I know it and I'll be trying to keep up with her!

This morning after work I had my mind set that I was going to run when I got home.  My drive is about 30 minutes and by the time I get home the tiredness usually kicks in and all I could think about was going to bed.  But with the forecast predicted to be in the mid 80's all week, I knew I needed to go to beat the heat.  It was really cloudy and there was a light mist in the air, I dressed a little warmer than I probably should have.  By mile 4 I was ready to rip off my jacket!  But I made it 6 miles and had negative splits, so overall a good run!

In my last post I had mentioned that I was debating on starting a Beachbody work out and am excited to report I decided to go for it!  Amanda's results are so amazing I know I would kick myself in 60 days if I didn't start it now!  So I will be doing ChaLEAN Extreme and am also part of Amanda's Beachbody summer challenge group (She is a Beachbody coach) It's a group of 6 and we keep each other motivated and share our progress ETC.


I am really looking forward to getting started and seeing the changes!  I am also excited to keep you all updated on my progress and maybe even encourage a few to take the plunge yourself!  What have you got to lose?  Besides some stubborn fat?!  

So wish me luck on my next challenge! It should arrive any day and I'll be starting it as soon as it gets here!!


No comments:

Post a Comment