Saturday, April 14, 2012

An easy 8

Well today has been busy and successful!  Yesterday was a rest day and I did just that, went out to dinner with Bryan and got all my flowers for my hanging baskets to plant today.  I worked 5 hours last night and then met up with the group for an 8 mile run through the beautiful Hollywood district neighborhoods in Portland.  It was a whole new look at this area and the houses and yards made my jaw drop.  Perfectly manicured and it made me wanna run home and do some yard work!  The run was awesome and 8 miles was a breeze.  I ran with another runner in the 10:30 pace group this time, but there was just the 2 of us.  We ended up keeping a 10 minute pace and that felt comfortable.  It felt so good at the end and I felt like I could have kept running, and I could have, the group was doing another 8 miles for a total of 16 for the day, and I was tempted but knew I had some things to get done and eventually needed to get some sleep.  So I headed home.
The weather has been cooperating and it's been perfect for running.  Hopefully it will stick around, but there are showers in the forecast.  Looking forward to resting the rest of the weekend, maybe a BBQ!  Hope you all have a great run this weekend too!
You'd think he ran 8 miles today!  


No comments:

Post a Comment