Saturday, April 7, 2012

12 miles in the bag!

Today was another milestone for me as I surpassed my longest distance of 10 miles with 12 miles!  The weather was clear and sunny, which was a nice change from rainy and rainy.  It was a bit cold to start tho, about 33 degrees.  I met up with Coach Jim's group at 8am in Downtown Portland.  I was really looking forward to running along the water front, I've been wanting to run it since I have started running. And I couldn't have pick a better day to do it!
  Last time Jim had suggested I run in the 11:15 group, but this time I decided to go in 1 group faster which was 10:45 pace.  It was still slow, but a good pace for long distance.  I was tracking my run with the Run Keeper app I always used, but it glitched on my run and ended up saying I went a total of 16.58 miles!  I was disappointed in the app, but glad I had other runners that were tracking without problems so I knew our pace and distance.  I felt strong the whole run and it was nice to have sun and blue skies!  The weather is suppose to continue to warm up, but it looks like the rain will be back tonight or tomorrow.  So I'm glad I got a good, long run in while I had a chance!
Next week is two 8 mile routes with the group for a total of 16 miles.  I think I will only do the first 8 miles next weekend.  But I will see how I feel when I get there!
Hope everyone else had some good weather to run in this weekend! Have a great Easter!  Eat some peeps and keep running!

Not looking too bad for running 12 miles!

Where's your favorite area to run?  The beach, country, along a river?  


1 comment:

  1. Loves you! Look super cute :) So proud of you for running 12 miles, glad it was on the Waterfront!

    ReplyDelete