Friday, March 30, 2012

Smells like a wet dog!

Is anyone else watching The Biggest Loser this season??  Well if you are you know it's the season of "No Excuses"!  Each week is titled after an excuse commonly used to avoid exercising, I don 't have time, I can't exercise on vacation, ect.  So this week my excuse was "The weather is too wet to get out and run!"   But I found my sea legs and Mav and I hit the pavement for a quick 3 mile run.
So excited to go for a run!OH NO!  I hate puppy kisses!

That's better, isn't he just the sweetest face ever?!?! 
Ok so on our run it was a like a monsoon.   Rivers of water flowed down the streets and the rain drenched us, but I was determined to have a good run, and what do you know...It was our best time yet!!  Average mile was 8:38!!  Maybe I should run in the rain more often?!?!  
We did have one mishap though...I'm out of poo bags so I made sure Maverick took his morning poo before we left, and he did so I thought 'ok we're good to go'!  But about half way he decided he had a little more left in him!  DANG IT!  Right in the middle of town on the sidewalk with all the morning commuters driving by!  So embarrassing!  I waiting for a break in the traffic and we sprinted off leaving the evidence behind.  I am always so good about cleaning up after my dog, so I felt pretty ashamed... But it's raining so hard, maybe it will wash it away??  LOL!  AHHH!  

So back from our run we are soaked and pumped up!!!  My hair was in cute little braided buns, but that only lasted about 1/2  a block!  Maverick is ready for breakfast and I'm ready for a hot shower and bed!    
I'm glad we pushed through our excuse of "it's too rainy to run" and I encourage you to push through one of your own excuses!!!  Whatever it is, just get out there and keep running!!  

1 comment:

  1. The rain was crazy this morning, I wish I could have gotten out there, stupid cold!

    ReplyDelete