Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Life's a Beach!

Oh the gloomy Oregon coast! You can never have too high of expectations when visiting here!  Our first day was pretty, although cold, there was sun!  Something that has been lacking lately.  But it was short lived of course.  The second day of our trip greeted us with rain off and on.  Maverick and I actually took advantage of a break in the rain for a 3.5mile run on the beach and it was one of, if not my most favorite run I've done so far!  Running in the sand is quite a challenge but I know it was a great work out.  I let Mav run off leash and he was in and out of the freezing ocean and probably ran 10 miles to my 3.5!  I was hoping to get one more run in on our trip but day #3 has been gusty and raining.  I know weather isn't a great excuse, and most the time I'll suck it up and go, but hey, I am on vacation after all!  But I know once we get back to reality I'll have to hit the pavement as often as I can!  Vacation also means my diet isn't all that great :((

I look forward to getting home and running because I got some new running shoes!  WOO HOO!  The last pair I got I went more for looks than performance, now that I've had my stride evaluated and tried on a few shoes than would work best for me I think I got the perfect fair!  Super flexible and bright neon colors!  You can't miss me now!  Hope for no blisters as I break them in, last time I got such bad blisters I couldn't run for over a week.  So as much as I'm ready to run a marathon in my new shoes, I'll probably just keep my runs short for a bit while I break them in!
Ok fellow runners, KEEP RUNNING :))

1 comment: