Monday, March 26, 2012

Rogue Runner!

Well I hope everyone had as good of a weekend as I did!  Besides having to work all weekend, I had an eventful weekend.  Starting Saturday with a 5K in the beautiful Sellwood neighborhood to celebrate the opening of a new running store, Foot Traffic.  I had to work the night before, so I just got off work and headed down to meet my BFF who was doing the run with me.  BTW, I'm gonna mention my BFF a lot, and I feel it's so impersonal to keep calling her just "BFF" in all my posts, so I will start using her name, Dani!  YAY!  LOL!  So if anyone reads this from here on out, you'll know who Dani is :))  Ok back to the run, so I worked graveyard the night before and at about 4am my stomach just turned to knots!  I thought by 5am I was done for and wasn't gonna make the run.  I took some Alka Seltzer and hoped my stomach would calm down, but getting closer to 5:30 it wasn't getting any better, so I sent Dani an email telling her I thought I might not make it but would keep her posted.  Finally around 6:45 I was feeling totally fine again! YAY!  I was gonna make it! I really was looking forward to doing this run with her.  We met up a little before and walked around to warm up, oh a side note, I missed registration so I was sneaking in the run, but it was free anyways so I wasn't too worried. We also met up with another friend of Dani's and some of her friends, so we had a good little group.  Overall it was probably one of my favorite runs!  Dani and I stuck together the whole time and the day and scenery was beautiful!   

The rest of my weekend consisted of dinner for a friends birthday and a Portland Trail Blazer game Sunday night!  I won tickets earlier in the week so that was a fun surprise!  
So my only run for the weekend was the 5K.  Was hoping to get a longer run in, but my weekend was too full!  So I started off my Monday with a 6.25 mile run with my favorite running buddy Maverick! We ran along the Tickle Creek trail, which is about a mile of our run, and Maverick took advantage and took a couple dips in the creek to cool off and play.  The day was beautiful and it just inspires me to keep running!  Hope I have inspired anyone who reads this too to KEEP RUNNING!  

1 comment:

  1. LOL, I love your title! Maverick looks so happy in the water, such a water baby! It was my fav run so far too, such beautiful scenery, thanks for holding back and pushing me, felt amazing!

    ReplyDelete