Monday, June 4, 2012

Getting ready for 13.1!

Hello!!  It's been a busy week for me!  Last weekend was the Rum Run and it was such a fun run!!   Dani  and I did the 5K and I set a new PR, finishing the race in 24:29!  But the after party was the best part!  We got probably the best mojitos i have ever had!!  They were delish and a great way to finish a race!  
I didn't go into the race planning to get a PR, but felt pretty good that day and was motivated to run!  There was one hill, and I've started telling myself 'hill's are my strong point'!  Although, when I'm in the moment, I usually feel defeated, but I push through them and I actually found myself passing people and continued to run strong to finish the race!
Next weekend is my FIRST half marathon, the Helvetia Half Marathon.  Dani is also doing this race and it will also be her first half!!  I am not going into this race with any expectations but to finish!  I know no matter what time I get, it will be a PR for me because it will be the first time I had run this distance!  I am excited for it and feel with all my training and commitment I will do just fine!  
The weather hasn't been so nice lately.  We had a week of nice, hot weather and I felt spoiled.  Now it's back to rain and cold!  Yesterday I wanted to get out of the house so Bryan, Mav and I went for a hike along the Salmon River.
It was colder, but the rain held off so it was a comfortable hike.  Maverick took every opportunity to play in the river!  He didn't care that is was only 54 degrees outside!
We look forward to going back when the weather is warmer and taking a lunch and spending the afternoon hiking and playing in the water!
Today I couldn't get motivated to get out for a run, but I wanted to get back on schedule with my run days and rest days.  They have been off since May with all the races I was doing on the weekends.  I like to run 4 days a week and take 3 days off.  When I have a normal week I run, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and my long run Saturday, and rest Sunday, Tuesday and Friday.  I will run anywhere from 3-8 miles per run during the week and will run whatever is required in my group for the Saturday runs.  I also like to do my Leg Pyramid workout along with some other at home exercises a couple times a week.  So since I couldn't force myself to get outside today I decided to do my Shredmill work out, if you aren't sure what I'm talking about, you can read about it here.  I am not a big fan of the treadmill, mainly because the scenery sucks, for some reason it feels harder to keep a faster pace, and it's a lot hotter!  But I like to say, 'sweat is fat crying'!  And today I made my fat BALL!  
It feels good to get a good sweat out sometimes!  I usually don't get that from running outside because it's a little cooler and I get a breeze that helps keep me cool.  But when the weather starts to warm up, I'm sure I'll have some more sweaty runs, sexy I know!  I prefer to run in cooler temperatures rather than hot.  60 degrees is about the warmest I like, but will have to suck it up as the summer approaches!  
Hope you all are getting some good runs and workouts in!!  Wish me luck for my first half marathon this weekend!  AHHHHHH!  



No comments:

Post a Comment